Monday, October 9, 2017

The BabySitter Purchase

A customer called the store today, why?
Because apparently over the weekend, his son had come home with a lizard.

Which by the way the customer was speaking...meant that this wasn't a good thing.

So I was frantically trying to figure out how a minor had gotten a hold of one of our lizards...

When the customer clarified that the babysitter had bought it for him.

The problem? The parents weren't equipped to keep a lizard as a pet. They didn't have anything for it, but also didn't have the receipt. 
And the customer was positive that the son and his babysitter had gotten the lizard from our store because the son had said "that it was the store we got the hermit crabs from." which had apparently been our location.

However, I searched through a couple of days of paperwork to see if I could find a record of the lizard being sold....and could find nothing. Which lead me to wonder if they'd actually bought the lizard from our store. Maybe it had been one of our sister locations.
Honestly, I would have just called the babysitter and asked her which store they'd gotten the lizard from.
But it turns out that the customer is divorced....and that it was while the son was at the ex's place that they had got the lizard. So there was very little information to go off of....

Plus...just from the description of the lizard. "Green with spots." ....it didn't sound like any lizard we sold. 
And in the past couple of days the only record for a reptile that I could find was for a "Leopard Gecko" Which while spotted...isn't green. And the name on that sale was not the name of the baby sitter....

So I couldn't do anything to help the customer with their lizard problem because I can't accept pets that we didn't sell...and I couldn't prove that we had sold it in the first place.

So the customer plans to take it to a local pet store and give it to them. 

In any case.
I'm so confused why a babysitter would do that.
Like...if I wanted to keep my job I would NOT go buying live pets for a child without the parents permission. That's just asking for trouble, for the possibility to never work for the family again.
Definitely something I wouldn't do myself. *shakes head* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment