Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Never Have I Ever

Normally I don't let kids feed the fish.

It's just one of those things you don't really let kids do...
You know, unless we're holding some sort of event where one of the 'activities' is feeding the fish.  *shakes head* 

But there was a little boy, along with his baby sister and mother in the store.
And the mother was trying to keep track of a rather energetic toddler of a sister the boy had, while she was trying to decide this and that with fish. Like what one to get and what decorations and such.
While the boy, had made his decision a bit ago, and was just trying to keep himself entertained while his mom dithered on this and that. 

It just so happened to be feeding time for our fish.
And the little boy was watching me avidly before he sweetly spoke up. 
"I've never fed the fish before." He said quietly. "I've always wanted to you know. I think it would be fun. Because I've never ever fed the fish before."

Which I gathered meant that his mother was the one who usually fed their fish.
Which makes sense considering oh...over enthusiastic children can get with feeding things. lol. 

And normally I don't let kids feed the fish.
But the kid was being polite and nice.
The mother probably could use a hand in keeping one of her children occupied as she finished her decision making.
And I was on the last of the task, which was namely, feeding Algae Wafers to our plecos and goldfish in the tanks. 

So I was like "Here." placing a single algae wafer in his hand. "Put it in this tank here." I said pointing to the tank I wanted him to put the algae wafer in. 
Which he did.
Again I repeated the process.
Giving him between 1-4 algae wafers (depending on how many plecos and goldfish in the tanks there were) and showing him which tanks to put them into. Letting him help me feed the fish. lol. 

Which he thoroughly enjoyed.
And the mother was so grateful for. 

When we were done, the boy was like "Thank you for letting me feed the fish!" 
And I was like "You're welcome." 

I put away the fish food.

And then went onto my next task.
Which was fishing out some mollies that had been put in the wrong tank.
And the little boy was like. 
"I've never caught a fish before."

lol.
Oooh. I see how it is kiddo. lol. 
But no dice for him.

I don't let customers catch their own fish. 
So there was going to be no luck in this little boy trying his hand at it this day. lol. 

Maybe when he's older...and actually works for the store. He'll be able to do so. ;) lol. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment