Monday, December 18, 2017

Where's the Fish?

I had a customer come into the store, and headed straight for me at the fish wall.
When he reached me he was like "I bought two fish a couple of weeks ago, and they died." 

Which isn't an uncommon occurrence (unfortunately) for people to bring back dead fish. 
So I'm very used to the routine. 

Which basically starts with me saying "Do you have the dead fish?" as I can't always see if they have one with them. -Sometimes it's really obvious because the customer is carrying a baggy. 

But this dude didn't have one. 
He was like "No. I need to keep the dead fish?" 
And I was like "Yah, you need to have the dead fish and the receipt in order to do a return." 

Because I need physical proof that the fish died.
I mean, anyone could walk into the store and be like "I bought a fish and it died." and who knows if they actually had bought a fish and if it had actually died.
It's just a means to ensure people aren't stealing from us. 

But the guy was like "I HAVE TO KEEP MY RECEIPT TOO!" 
Uh? Duh? 
"I never keep my receipts!" 

Well then...that's a problem. Cus I need proof of purchase.

I mean, there were ways I could have looked up the receipt for him, because we do keep records of transactions done for the last couple of months.
But I didn't bring it up because the guy didn't have a dead fish. 
No proof of death...nothing I can do. 
*shakes head*
He wasn't very happy when he left...fishless. But hey, at least he knows now that he needs to do more than come tell me his fish died....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment