Saturday, December 2, 2017

Card Phone

So I had hopped onto the register briefly to cover the cashier while they needed to head to the back for a moment.
And I ended up helping a couple who were buying some bird food.
And the gentleman was being all techy and trying to use his phone with the card app thingy. 
Because that's a thing, and our new cardreaders actually work for the phone thingies. 

Only. 
His credit card didn't work with our machine.
It was trying to read it as debit card and wouldn't work as a credit card.

And he got so frustrated...at me.

Which was weird.
Because it's not like I can control the machines. Some machines don't like certain cards and won't recognize some cards can be both. 
But he got so frustrated, and the anger flared so quickly. 
It was so strange. 

Like...it wasn't something to get mad at.
Like I could see how it would be frustrating and why you would get mad if your card wasn't working for you.

But it seemed like such a waste of emotion really.
I didn't get it.
But at least he was able to use a different card on his phone and make it work. 
So yay. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment