Monday, July 16, 2018

There's the Rush

I was scheduled to open by myself today. Which is rather typical of a Monday recently. *shakes head* Not sure why they think opening can be done by just one person. But so it goes.
And having opened by myself multiple times before. 
It's no big deal....

Until the rush happens.
And with no backup in sight.
You get further behind in tasks that could have been done ages ago if people hadn't come in. *shakes head*

This particular rush....started later than usual though.
It was just after 2pm. 
And I was about to do the Fish Count so that we could get an accurate shipment of fish in for Friday's fish shipment.

But I had customers come in.
Not just one set.
But like a whole rush of them.
First it was a woman and her family wanting three hermit crabs.
Then another trio wanting a hermit crab as well ---which luckily I discovered I had one left because the family before this group had wanted 'all the hermit crabs' and I could only find three at that moment. 
Then it was crickets and fish and helping customers with bearded dragons and small pets and before I knew it....an hour had passed....and I was off.

...and no fish count had been completed. *shakes head*

Ah well....
At least I got the other things done. ^^;; 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment