Monday, July 2, 2018

You're OUT?!

A woman called on the phone today.
Wanting to know about our leopard geckos.

And I responded that we were out of stock currently but I could answer questions she had.

Well....she wasn't too happy to hear that our leopard geckos were out of stock.

Why?
Because they're half off currently. 

-Which explains why we don't have any. They got bought. 

And didn't like the fact that I couldn't tell her when I would be getting more in.
Because they can appear anytime between Tuesday and Friday.
And with the 4th of July happening this week....
It's unknown how the holiday will affect our reptile shipments. 
So I couldn't guarantee to her that we'd get them in before the sale ended on the 4th. 

Nor did she like that we couldn't do a raincheck for her either on the price. 
(We stopped doing that like my second year there?) 

In the end she was like "Well can you call your sister store and ask them if they have any?" 

Which....if she'd been there in the store, I wouldn't have had an issue with.
But like...
I was on the phone with her.

And I wasn't about to put her on hold to call our Sister store and play telephone for her. Because I couldn't see that going over well.
So I instead gave her the number of the store for her to call.
Because like....she can call the store herself and ask. 

*shakes head* 

It was a bit later, after I'd hung up with her....
That I could have easily checked to see if our sister store had any in stock.
Because I'd had our scanner in my hand at the time I took the call. 
And I could have used it to check our sister store's inventory as we have that ability. 

*exhales*
Whelp. I know better for next time....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment