Thursday, July 26, 2018

Price Match

Had a customer call the store today wanting to see if we had a specific prescription dog food in stock.
He wanted to double check the price and see how much it cost. 

He wasn't happy when I told him the price. 
Most people aren't. Prescription dog food is expensive. 

Especially when online prices are a bit lower.

"Why should I come to your store, when I can get it online?!" He demanded. 

"Well...we price match. So if you can prove that the price is lower online, we'll match it here in the store." 

"And you guarantee you'll do this? Because I'm coming from PG and I don't want to drive all the way out there only to find you won't match the price!" 

Mentally, I shook my head because PG is like a ten minute drive away? I have customers come from up to 4 hours away so it seemed kinda silly to be hung up over like a 10 minute drive. 

Still, I reassured him that we would price match, and made sure to inform the manager so he wouldn't be taken off guard.

The customer showed up a short time later, complaining about prices and having to drive all the way over here. 

*shakes head*
Thankfully I didn't have to deal with him myself. 
But the manager was patient and understanding with the customer.

Who basically just doesn't like to shop and doesn't like to spend a lot of money and was looking for a way to not leave the home.

So my manager informed him that a lot of places will ship to the house directly now and told him how to sign up for specific websites and such. 

Hopefully the customer left happy. He got his price match, and information to help him order his food online to his home. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment