Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Warm Hand

I had a customer today who wanted to hold a hamster. 
Just hold one.
Which she kept apologizing that she just wanted to hold it and not buy it.
But like....that's 85% of my job when it involves the hamsters. Lol a lot of people want to hold and touch but not purchase.
So I didn't really mind it. 

Though funnily enough, she never actually held the hamster when I brought it out.
As I had the hamster in it's upturned house.
Because they're not used to being handled.
So it's usually easier to scoop them up into the house and then gently tilt them down into the customer's hands.
Only the customer got to the point of getting it to her hands.
Nope.
She was satisfied to just pet it within the upturned house.

….Which is probably a good thing.
Because ten seconds later....
I felt something warm dribbling into my hand. 

*shudders*

The hamster had peed in the house...but that had holes in the top and therefore....dripped down into my hand.
*gags*
EWWWW!!!

Thankfully the customers had no idea lol.
I kept my act together but did quickly put the hamster away after that so I could go wash off my hand. 
Because EWWWWWW

Gah. That's a first. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment