Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Vitamin K

There are customers that often ask for odd things.
Or super specific things.

Like I had a customer call on the phone, asking if we carry Vitamin K. 
Because he needed it for his dog. 

O.o I hadn't realized that dogs needed Vitamin K.
I mean...I think that's a nutrient that we people need...but I hadn't really come across it in the petstore.

And unsurprisingly I couldn't find it on our shelf.
As mostly we sell 'multi-vitamins' not specifically lettered Vitamins.

To which the person on the other end asked if the Vet within the store would have it.
I had no idea.
So I put him on hold and said I'd go check.

And came back with some interesting news.
Apparently Dogs don't need Vitamin K like we humans do. 
And Dog Vitamin K doesn't come in the easy little pill that we take.

No. It comes in a liquid format. 

And.
Only is given to dogs.
When they are suffering from Rat Poisoning. 

O.o

I really wish I knew why the customer needed Vit K now.
Because I assumed he was just wanting to get his dog all the vitamins that their pet needed. Or maybe was one of those people who think dogs are actually people and therefore need the same vitamins as people...

But now I'm wondering if there were other motives in mind....or other more pressing needs like their dog had been poisoned.... 

*exhales*
Another case of....I'll probably never find out. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment