Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Returned?

So yesterday I had a customer call the store.
She was someone I had helped out a bit with buying two mice a couple weeks ago.
I hadn't sold the mice themselves to her, but I had talked her through them and what to expect with them and such and helped her and her children check out and such.

Well...apparently one of their two mice had died the day before yesterday.
But they discovered it late at night, basically as we were closing.
So they couldn't come in.

And she was wanting to know if she could come in yesterday, even though our guaranteed return period had expired the night before.

And I was like. Sure. Because it was only one day over.

So she could bring back the mouse and get a new one if she wanted.

But she wouldn't have been able to come with her kids until later yesterday evening, past when I got off work.

So she asked if I would be able to hold the mice we had in the store so she would be able to get them.

Mice are usually one of those creatures that don't sell that often.
But knowing my luck I wouldn't hold them and then someone would want to buy them.
So after getting permission from my manager I told her I could hold them until like 6pm for her. 

She was happy. Said she'd be right in around then. 
And yah....

Well...I was rather surprised this morning to come in and find....that we had the same amount of mice we had yesterday still in the store today.

Which meant the customer hadn't come in. 

I thought that weird.
I thought for sure she would have....
But at the same time I get that life happens. 

In any case.
I was on my lunch break when I heard my name over the radio.
Though since I was on lunch I wasn't actively listening to the ear piece.
So I didn't know why someone was asking for me by name.

My manager took care of it though. 
And when I got back from lunch.

I discovered that the woman had come in.

Apparently she'd come in yesterday and returned the dead mouse....but didn't get her money back for it...and didn't buy a new one...

No she came in today with the other mouse she'd purchased -still alive thankfully- 
And was returning that one so she could buy two more mice from the 'same group'

As I'd told her the first time around that male mice don't always play nice with each other and that you have better luck with them if they came in together.
So she returned the one.
So she could get two.

Hopefully these mice do better than the others did. 
*fingers crossed* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment