Thursday, September 27, 2018

Chatting

I had a couple come into the store today to return a dead pleco.
As it was the second one that had died on them and they wanted to know why.
So they brought in a sample of water to do a water test.

And in the course of testing their water, I got to talking to them.
Asking how old the tank was, how big it was, how often they were feeding and such.

As a lot of issues arise from a tank being too new (this one was a month old) being fed too much (this one was being fed twice a day) and often too small. (this one was fine.) But they were doing weekly water changes....which I'd heard was recommended for new tanks, though I still stress doing a once a month water change instead. But suggested that changing the water too much could also affect the fish and stress them out. 

And it was...idk 'fun' isn't the right word. But it was fun to share my knowledge with these people. Just being able to talk to them and explain how to take care of their fish and such and offer suggestions on how to fix their problems. Plus I ended up showing off my own fish tank in the process. ^^;; 

Lol. Idk.

I just....I like teaching people when I can tell they actually want to learn. I like giving knowledge away. I like trying to help people to succeed.

So it's nice to have a conversation that's rewarding on both sides. I get to share information and hopefully the customers can get their tank back in order. ^^;; 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment