Thursday, January 31, 2019

Sweep

Got irrationally irritated at work today.

Because I was busy.
Trying to a) open the department b) train the new guy and c) receive in shipments of things that were coming in, all while trying to d) handle the multitude of customers that decided to descend up on the store this morning making it difficult to get A, B, or C. done.

And then my manager comes up to me and goes "Hey the backroom is a little messy. Could you sweep it before you go?

And like.
It just pushed the wrong button.

Why?

Because I've literally been complaining off and on for the past two weeks (and longer) that NO ONE else in the department cleans at all. That I. AM. the ONLY one who DOES THE CLEANING.

And i'm frankly getting frustrated at the lack of action on the part of my coworkers because I've asked them THREE TIMES this week to clean certain things. 
AND THEY STILL HADN'T BEEN DONE.

And the manager decided to ASK. ME.

THe one who CLEANS everything.

TO GO CLEAN.

Gah. 

I'm just...irritated. Like. Why? Why not ask any of my other coworkers? Why ask me? 

I literally asked my manager that. I was like "Why me? I'm the only one who cleans why make me sweep when I've swept Every. Single. Morning. because they don't SWEEP AT NIGHT."

Just GAH.

….I still did it though.
Found a second to go back into the back room and sweep the floor clean again.

But yah.
Total mood ruiner right there.

Like yah teamwork and everyone pulls their weight jazz and such.
But it feels quite unfair to ask me to pull MORE weight when I had already CLEANED earlier today and was still trying to OPEN the department because I was opening BY MYSELF AGAIN WHICH INVOLVES A LOT OF CLEANINIG. *exhales* 

Yah.
Frustrated.
Quite frustrated. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment