Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Right There In Front Of You

I had a customer call today to see if we had a certain filter in stock. Our Fluval FX6.
Which when I went to look on the shelf, I didn't see one, but I knew there were overstock filters on the steel nearby, so I went to double check there and found the FX6 that the customer wanted.

Which they then requested that I put it on hold for them as they would be in within the next couple of hours to get it. 

So I grabbed a ladder and got the box down.
Took it over to the registers where both the cashier and the manager saw me with the box....

But apparently they didn't see where I put it down.
The last the cashier saw of it, I'd had it by register two as I was grabbing some receipt tape to write the customer's name on it so people would know the filter was on hold. 

And promptly forgot about it.

Until the cashier was like. "Sarnic, where is that filter you grabbed down?" 

As they obviously didn't see that I put it on the floor in front of the cabinet that holds all the online orders that are waiting for people to come pick up. 

So I was like "To your right, by the cabinet."

As the Cashier was facing register 2 and the cabinet was to the right of them.

What did my cashier do?

Turned to their LEFT and started walking towards me.
Like no. Dude. NO "It's behind you now." I said.

And the cashier is like "It's gone! Did someone go put it back?!"

So I went up to them. Looked them in the eyes. Pointed behind them and said. "You mean that filter there?" 

*shakes head*

Yah. Dude was like.

oh. 

Yah.

Maybe try looking harder than the foot radius around the registers next time?

*shakes head*

But honestly.

I don't get why people do that.
I tell them that something is to their right.

And then they turn to the left.

Like. Guys.
Did you learn the difference between right and left? 
Because it seems like you didn't with how often the mistake is made. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment