Thursday, December 12, 2019

A Quick Return

We had a customer come in pretty early this morning to return a mouse.

Which it's not surprising to have customers return pets, especially mice.

And the reasoning for the return made a lot of sense.

Because the customer was like "It smelled a lot more than I expected it to."

Which is also true.
Especially for Male Mice.
Their urine tends to stink up the place. And can become pretty potent if the mouse decides it needs to mark its territory.

So I'm not surprised when they're returned because if the owners aren't aware of how bad mice can stink...it can come as a nasty smelly surprise.

What was surprising though....is the customer hadn't had the mouse even like...twelve hours before returning him.

Like I had three mice in the cage yesterday when I opened and I wasn't aware of any mice getting sold before I left which meant the mouse was sold sometime in the evening after my shift.
And then was returned first thing in the morning.

*shakes head*
Like that's really quick to decide the mouse is too smelly. 

Still.
When the customer knows.
They know.

Since it was less than 24 hours since the mouse left the store, once the customer got their money back, I simply placed the mouse back with his buddies. I think he was happy to see them again.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment