Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Kitty Adoptions

It feels like I spent practically my entire shift over in the Cat Adoption Center we had in the store.

It started early in the morning when I was cleaning cat cages and noticed that one of our kitties...wasn't acting too hot.
She was all congested breathing, and lethargic, and for the first time she actually stood up and moved towards me, purring, with watery eyes and moving soo stiffly. Her breathing looked rather labored too.

And it just felt like she was going "Sarnic, Help Me." 

I'd noticed that she seemed a bit lethargic yesterday.
But today she looked a ton worse.

So I had my manager contact the adoption group to come pick up the kitty.
As I was worried that if the kitty wasn't seen today...she may not make it the night... :S 
She looked that bad.
And it had me super stressed because I didn't want her to die on us. Like. I'd been keeping an eye on the kitties but this particular one was always very skittish and didn't want to come out of the cage. So it took me longer to realize something was wrong because this kitty was always in the corner.

Thankfully, the adoption group was there within a couple of hours to take her away. And I hope that she'll get feeling better soon.

Beyond the slight kitty drama with the sick kitty.

I also ended up adopting out three other kitties to their forever homes today.

Which involved its own set of drama as I literally had two different people wanting the same cat and I had to check with the first person to see if they actually wanted the cat because the second people definitely did. 

First people didn't. So second people got the kitty.

But gah.
So much time spent in the cat adoption center today.
So much time.
Had a bunch of people come in to look as well. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment