Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tank Set Up

A grandfather came into the store today, looking to buy some fish for his grandkids as they said that they wanted a tank and such.

Only he didn't have anything he needed for fish care.
So I told him that he needed to wait for at least 24 hours after he sets up his tank before he buys any fish to put in it. 

I ended up helping him get the bare basics of what he needed. The starter kit tank, some water conditioner, gravel and a couple of decorations.

And when it came time to ring him up at the register...
He didn't have an account with us.
And when I tried to sign him up for it....he didn't have an email address.

Which makes the whole signing up thing moot because the store now requires the email address before giving discounts.

And like...the dude was getting all this stuff under the belief that it would be less than it was.

Luckily. I was able to find an override key to get the customer their discounts without having to sign up.
As I'd been shown how to do so like last week because we end up getting some grumpy customers into the store (i.e. grandparent age people) who don't have email addresses and complain when they can't get their discounts.

So thankfully I was able to get the customer his sale prices without him being a member.

Else I think that would have blown up in my face. :S 
And I hated to think that he would end up unhappy because he was trying to keep the cost of things low. So yay for making him happy in the end!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment