Thursday, April 30, 2020

At the Fish Wall

I had a customer standing at the fishwall talking on the phone while I was tasking.

And like, usually as a general rule, I don't try and talk to people when they're on the phone because like...that's rude? And I don't really want to get people mad at me. 

And he'd been standing there looking at the fish for a good ten minutes or so it felt like. 
And I could tell that he was trying to wind down whatever conversation he was having on the phone. 
But at the same time. He kept talking. So I figured if he needed help he would let me know when he needed help and therefore kept working on the tasks (cleaning the tanks) I was doing at the fish wall.

But then.
I got called away to help a customer buy a guinea pig and a skinny pig. 
So I left the fish wall to check in on those customers and established that they did indeed wanted to get both animals today.
And I turn around to grab paperwork for them.
And the customer who had been standing at the fish wall was standing right there.
Just looking at me. 

And I was like "You need help with fish?" 
To which he was like: "Yes."
And I was like "Okay, I'm helping these guys but I'll be right over.''

But like. 
Dude.
I was literally standing at the fish wall for TEN MINUTES and you didn't indicate at all that you needed help.
But the MOMENT I walk away to go help another person is when you decide to finish your conversation on the phone and seek help? Like. Seriously??

*exhales*

I ended up sending my manager over to help him as I knew that the paperwork for the guinea pig would take a while to fill out.

Which since that particular manager is new to catching fish...it ended up taking them a bit to get all the different types of fish the customer wanted....I probably could have finished the task in the same amount of time if I'd helped the guinea pig customer and then went to help this guy get his fish.

But yah.

Still kinda irritated that the customer only decided he needed help after I'd walked away after like ten minutes. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment