Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Research

You know...I think it's laudable that parents want their kids to know what they're getting into. 
Having them do research on the pets they want. 
Like it's an excellent idea. 

Only....it's probably a good idea for parents to do their own research too. After all, kids don't always know what to look for. 

You know like. What the animal eats.
Or how much it costs.
Or how much the set up itself costs.

*exhales*

I had to deal with multiple parents today.
Who let their kids do the 'research' on the pet that they wanted. 

Only to come into the store...and actually be completely unprepared for the pet that their child said they wanted.

I had one such parent come into the store with their kid wanting a chameleon. 

Which chameleons are not good pets for beginning pet owners.
They need a higher humidity, aren't really good for holding, and of course...eat bugs.

Yah. The parent wasn't at all prepared for the fact that all the reptiles in the store ate live bugs. (except the tortoises/turtles & snakes) 

It's frustrating. I then had to spend a good twenty minutes if not longer, going through all the various other pets that we sold.
All the while knowing that the parent was not keen on getting another pet in the first place.
Like...if you don't want another pet...why are you getting your child's hopes up by letting them come to a pet store??

It like...became a mission to convince the children that none of the pets in the store were ones that they wanted.
They weren't convinced though the mother was. 

*exhales*

So frustrating. I had to repeat the scenario more than once today.
And all the while I'm just rooting for the people to go home because I don't want to be helping people when we should be social distancing. 

Note to self. Whenever I have kids...I need to make sure I research the pets they want too.
That way I know how much it's gonna cost and what is involved. 
After all..I'll probably end up taking care of the animal anyways.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment