Saturday, April 11, 2020

Feeder

We had a customer come into the store today looking to buy a long-tailed lizard.
Which isn't out of the ordinary as we do sell reptiles...and the long-tailed lizards have been popular for some reason.

My coworker was the one who was helping the customer.
But as they were still newer to the store, they'd never caught the long-tailed before. And wanted to know how to do it.

Like...you just grab them?

I mean they can be fast, but it's not that hard to catch them compared to the Green Anoles which can be a lot quicker.

But my coworker was having issues.
Trying to catch the lizard in the container...but not grabbing it by hand.
And so I asked if they needed help.

And my coworker had me take over to grab the lizard. 
Since there were two in the cage.
I asked the customer if there was one in particular that they wanted.

The customer was like "No, it's just a feeder so it doesn't matter." 

And I was like ???? A feeder?

Which like, that's the term I'm used to hearing with our feeder goldfish.
Or even customers looking for feeder mice to feed to their snakes. 

But like. A feeder lizard?
Not so much. 

So I double checked to make sure I hadn't misheard what they said.

Nope.
They wanted the lizard to use it as food.
For a skink.

Unfortunately for the customer.
But fortunately for the lizard.

We don't sell any live animals for food (besides the comet goldfish and crickets)

So no mice for food.
And definitely no lizards for food.

So I ended up refusing the sale to the customer. 

So no lizard for them. 

*exhales*
That's definitely a new one though.
I haven't had to deal with customers wanting to buy lizards to feed them to something else before. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment