Saturday, May 9, 2020

Busy Tired Busy

I really am not fond of the shifts where I basically have to do customer service all. day. long.

I would just like to...well do my opening tasks. 
Have 2-3 hours of just...tasking. Cleaning. Feeding the animals, etc. 
Without having to help any customers.
Just me and my thoughts as I do things.

I really miss that.

But due to work cutting our hours.
We're not able to come in as early as we used to.
And today...I came in only half an hour before we opened for the day.

*exhales*
It was exhausting.
So exhausting.

Constantly having to help people.
constantly having to tell them to please stand behind the blue lines.

And to make it even more 'fun' 
we had register 1 break down on us constantly.

And due to social distancing we can't have registers opened next to each other.
So we only had 1 & 3 going of our 4 registers.

And with one down.

It meant only Register 3 was up and running...during a rush where we had people standing in line all the way back halfway through the store.

It was crazy.

I don't remember the line ever getting that long before.

But it did.
Because we only had one register available to us.

*exhales*

Gotta love that.
Gotta love helping people.
And the stress involved with helping people.

I'm not looking forward to this upcoming week at all.

Because my shifts are basically all customer service filled since they have me coming in only like half an hour early most of the time....

I wish things would get back to normal....Soon. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment