Monday, May 4, 2020

Cashiering

I got put on register today.

Which is.
Well
Crazy.

I haven't had a purposeful register shift in like...six years it feels like.

Since I'm the Lead in my department...it means I need to be in my department to make sure it's running well.
Which means I don't usually (rarely) work stocking shifts or cashiering shifts.
Stocking sure, I've worked a few?
Cashiering? Yah never.

But today.
I was scheduled to cashier. 

Because we're on a skeleton crew. And basically we're put wherever and whenever to try and ensure that the entire day is covered, but also to try and get us as many hours as possible.

Still.
I don't like cashiering shifts. XP Bleh. 

Standing in the same spot.
Waiting for customers to come check out. 

It's even more stressful with the pandemic going on.
Like just wondering if the next person I have to interact with on the register may be carrying the virus. 

Thankfully....I only was on register for like an hour.
Before I managed to switch out with my manager.

So I was able to run around the store and help however I could with various tasks instead of being stuck in one place.

Hopefully I can avoid further register shifts....we'll see. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment