Saturday, January 24, 2015

MLAARE -The 6th Day

It's probably not a good thing to have two managers descend on you at about the same time.
And what they wanted?
Was the answer to a simple question.
"Sarnic, how do you feel about working 6 days next week?"
(usually I work 5)
There's not much time for thinking in such a situation, when they're both staring at you expectantly.
So I said the first thing that came to my mind. "As long as I have Sunday off..."
Was what I managed to say before they shared congratulatory smiles. "That's perfect!" Turk said. "Because I'd already given you Sunday off."
I.E. I planned for you to work on your other day off, so I'm glad you and I agreed on the same day.

*shakes head*
Apparently, the two of them Sirch and Turk had spent much of last evening hammering out the details of next week's work schedules. (even though they were already posted.)
Messing around mostly with my department's times. Figuring out when people could and could not come in and to try and get two people in my department in the morning. (Finally!)
And the only way they could make it work....was to bring me in on a sixth day.
Meaning that next week...I'm going to be working six days in a row.

I hope it's not too bad.
If I wanted to, it would mean that I could work a full 8 hour shift that 6th day. Which would mean more money in my paycheck for sure.

But they gave me the option to leave early, once the opening tasks of the department were finished with.

So I guess we'll see how it goes...

At least I hadn't made any plans for that day... it would have been rather hard to say "Sorry, I have plans on my day off...."
(Go figure really if I had....I mean, the schedule had been posted already for most of the week....before they messed with it....)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment