Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MLAARE -Goldfish Woes

To continue from my last post.

A few hours later, towards the end of my shift or so.
This couple walks into the store.
The gentleman immediately has me thinking "Oh no, this is a crazy customer."
He just had that....way about him.
It's a look I saw back when I first started my job and a guy brought in his friend to get him into fishtanks, which he did. Totally go overboard and overzealous and everything crazy about the fish.
Which was great for us!
Only...he then hounded us for the next two weeks, exchanging items, switching out from salt to fresh to salt water fish, returning decorations, replacing filters, basically a nightmare for us.

This gentleman....gave off the same vibe.
The "I'm so excited I'm not listening to anything you say just give me my fish so I can be more excited!"

He looked at all the fish, soo excited about everything he didn't really sit still or listen long enough to hear what I was telling him. Basically he wanted "Big fish" to go in his tank.
Which meant, our goldfish as they were the biggest fish we had currently.
So he ended up getting our two largest gold fish and our 3 biggest medium goldfish, plus like 6 of our larger feeder goldfish. Then he decided he wanted plecos and catfish. (can you see where this is going? I'm pretty sure this guy was the one who was on the phone earlier in the day.)
But decided to just get three catfish.
And then finally left me to bag them all up.
Since I was just bagging, when the phone rang, I didn't mind answering it.
But the customer did.
I was talking to a woman on the line, trying to multitask as the customer I was helping said he wanted to get snails.
So I grabbed him one.
He said he wanted more snails.
So I nodded trying to finish up the conversation of the woman (who was asking about how the online order/store pickup thing worked)
And the customer was like "Hang up the phone and get me my snails! I'm in a hurry!"
The way he said it, it sounded like he thought I was just chatting for fun. >.< No sir, I was DOING MY JOB!! BE PATIENT! >.<
And he definitely wasn't IN A HURRY because he'd already spent like 20 minutes in the store!
So I asked him how many snails he needed, grabbed them and finished my conversation with the customer on the phone. (I feel bad for her, she was just trying to be thorough, and I wasn't able to answer her question because the customer with the goldfish was distracting me. >.< Geeeezzzzz. Hopefully it was sorted out...)
In any case,
I bagged up (as they were finally ready to stop picking out fish) all their fish.
I made special care
-As this customer was the sort I recognized would think all his fish could be returned -as I told him he did have a guarantee to bring them back within a certain time period.-
To show him, tell him, be all Vanna White to him,
that the 6 feeder goldfish he was getting COULD NOT BE RETURNED!  
Because they were feeders (aka they are bred to be fed to other animals as a food) there would be no guarantee on them.
I showed him the bag. Showed him the numbers. Showed him the fish. Told him. They Cannot be Returned.
Showed him the other three bags of fish.
Told him those ones did have a guarantee, that they could be returned for any reason. He just needed the receipt and the fish.
But again told him that the feeders could not be returned.

I thought he understood it.
I told him like seven times, and I think even got verbal confirmation that he understood.

Yet it must have gone in one ear and out the other,
or been erased from his short term memory once he left the store.

Because like an hour later.
Guess which fish were RETURNED?!

THE FEEDER GOLDFISH!!

GAH!!
>.< And my cashier returned them because they hadn't known that I said they couldn't be returned. (though I thought everyone knew that.)

REALLY?
REAAAAALLLLLLYYY?!?!
I basically wasted a ton of breath and my voice for NOTHING.
I hate it when people manage to skirt the rules. >.<

And why did he return the fish?!
"They didn't go with the tank."
Seriously?!?!
If I hadn't been distracted with a ton of customers at that point in time....grrrrrrr I would have reminded him that those fish were NOT RETURNABLE!!!
He'd had plenty of time to look at them when I caught them! What made him change his mind then?!

Grrrrrr, yes.
This customer is going to be one of 'those' customers.
A monster created and unleashed and unable to be tamed for who knows how long....
I really hope this does not turn out to be the case, but I will have to see. It is only in the beginning stages anyways.

>.<
-And the feeders were put back in their tank, since they'd only been gone like an hour, it wasn't a big deal, I'm just frustrated I wasn't listened to.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment