Friday, January 23, 2015

MLAARE -Nearly Called In

I should learn to recognize the signs by now.
As they often point towards things not going well.

You see, more often than not, I like to stay up late.
Really late.
Because the next day I can afford to sleep in right?

Well....
It seems like if I actually plan for it. "I'm going to stay up this late, and then I'll sleep in..."
It doesn't happen.

I did that last night.
I stayed up way later than I usually do.
Because I knew I could sleep in....

And what happened?
a couple of hours later (a normal wake up time for me really)
I woke up to the sound of buzzing.
To the sound of my phone.
It took me very little time to realize that it was a phone call and not some sort of alarm.
So I shot out of sleep to answer it.
For...
It was work calling.
(It happens way more often than you think it would)

My first thought was that I had somehow miswrote down when I was supposed to be into work.
But no.
Another coworker of mine was having trouble getting into work that early,
so one of my mangers was calling to see if I could come in.
Though after a bit of talking,
it was decided that I really didn't need to come in.
(Which is unexpected, most of the time I do end up going into work early)

And so...
I could fall back asleep.
And sleep I did, late into the morning.
And it was great. ^^

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment