Friday, January 2, 2015

MLAARE -Releasing the Fish

When I don't find it exasperating, I do find a bit of amusement when coworkers of mine offer to help me out in a task that I'm doing.
 
One memorable experience happened a year or so ago, when one my coworkers offered to help me do a bedding change so that we could get things done quicker. I accepted because I did need the help, and four hands would be faster than two hands doing the work.
Only,
It wasn't.
I hadn't known that they were rather OCD about cleanliness.
In the time that they were helping me, this coworker managed to not really even do one cage (from what I remember)
Because they wanted to make sure every little speck was gone and the cage itself, in pristine condition.
I recall that they nearly emptied a bottle of our cleaner on that cage in their attempt.
Which wasn't successful.
*shakes head*
Some stains just don't come out.
 
But, more recently, I had a coworker offer to help me in a different task.
I was busy putting out the new fish that we had got in.
And a coworker, who has basically no experience working in my department, offered to help put out the fish with me.
I refused.
Why?
Because I've had experience with people who don't know the fish wall well.
I've trained people in our department to do so, and I know that it's not a 'quick and easy' task for the inexperience. Especially when you don't know where each fish is located.
No, I knew that I would be able to empty a box of our fish, with all of them in the right tanks, in the time it would take my coworker to place one set of fish in their new home.
-That is not an exaggeration by much.
Plus, it would probably end up that they would be asking me nearly every group of fish "where does this one go? I can't find this one? Where is this one?"
Definitely more of a hindrance than a help in that particular situation. :)
But I was grateful that they offered to help in any case, even if I didn't take it this go around. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment