Tuesday, January 6, 2015

MLAARE -Heater Woes

Peeved is what I am now.
Seriously, peeved.

A customer earlier today summed it up just right. "Work is great! Only, it would be better if there were no customers."
Oh touche to that. I totally agree.
Work would be loads better if I didn't have to deal with customers, and I could just play with the animals all day.

My cause of irritation today is this.

I got a call today, one where I was on speaker phone. (I hate those calls, it's hard to hear the other person.)
Customer: Do tropical fish need a heater?
Me: Yes, tropical fish are freshwater fish and need a heater.
Customer: So which fish do you have that need a heater?
Me: All fish but Goldfish.
Customer: What about those zebra fish?
Me: Zebra Danios? Yes, they need a heater.
Customer: Oh, what about angel fish.
Me: Yes, they need a heater too.
Customer: do neon tetras need a heater.
Me:(Wondering how they could not comprehend what I meant by "All Fish, But Goldfish.".)
Yes, the neons need a heater, them moreso, they are more likely to die in a cold tank.
Customer: Are you sure the zebra fish need a heater?
Me: Yes.
Customer: Because I had some in my tank, and I don't have a heater.
Me: Are you sure they were the zebra danios?
Customer; Maybe it was the angelfish? What fish have stripes.
Me: Were they horizontal or vertical?
Customer: They were flat.
Me: So horizontal?
Customer: Yah.
Me: Than those are Danios, they need a heater, if your tank is naturally warm enough they could do alright without it, but for the most part they need a heater.
Customer: Do those pleco fish or catfish need a heater? Can they go with goldfish.
Me: Yes.....they can go with goldfish, and they can do alright without a heater.

On and on it went. For like another 5 minutes!! How did they not comprehend this?! I hate it when customers keep asking questions. >.< Because then eventually I get into the grey zones of "maybes" and no definites at all.

Basically, if you don't have a heater, you can only get goldfish.
If you do have a heater than only the size of your tank holds you back.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment