Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Fast Lizard

So there I was at work.
With only two minutes left on the clock.
Because all things happen just before you leave.

And a customer wanted me to catch her an anole.
(A small fast little lizard)

No big deal.
I thought.
And it wasn't.
I caught the little creature easily enough and stuck him in his container to travel home.

But.
I got distracted at the wrong moment.
Apparently the lid wasn't on as tightly as I thought it was.

As suddenly the little devil slipped through the tiniest of gaps onto the floor.

Dun. Dun. Dun.
Not good.
Because those creatures are FAST.
And with all the shelving things around....
If I didn't catch it lickety split.
It would be lost in the store forever.

So I dropped to my knees.
Kerplunk.
Hitting hard and fast.
Desperately reaching for the creature as it dodged, twisted, and turned through my fingers.
But.
Finally I caught it!
Yes.
No.
Yes.
No.
Devil was slippery like an eel.
Hyped up.
But finally I managed to cram him into his container and give him to the customer.

And then.
Then.
I could clock out and hobble away.
As hitting that hard and fast.
I had bruised my knee.
*shakes head.*
lol I must have hit very hard, because the bruise showed up right away.
And it usually takes a couple of days for bruises to show up on me.

Still.
In the end.
It all went well....for the lizard at least. ;)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment