Saturday, January 23, 2016

One Glove

For the past week,
I've been wearing a glove on my hand.
Just one of those latex gloves.

Because when I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago.
Because my finger wasn't healing like it should.
-Burned myself before Thanksgiving and the area got inflamed/infected and started to spread. So. Cue to go to the doctor.
And the doctor said I should wear a glove at work.
Because working in a petstore.
...You're kinda exposed to a lot of things.
The main one being Fish Water (from catching fish/cleaning tanks etc)
So to keep my hand clean and dry from that and other things.
To wear a glove.

Which I did for a week.
Then I disappeared for a week.
And then I've been working with the glove on again this week.

And today.
The managers finally all noticed it.
*shakes head*
I'm sure they saw it before.
But they probably thought I was in the middle of something.
And so didn't bring it up.

Plus, usually I don't encounter the managers as much as I'm usually busy in my department.
And when I do go talk to them, usually its to go on break and so I already have the glove off.

But its interesting to note.
That they all asked me that question today.
"Sarnic....why are you only wearing one glove?"

Because I have an injury on my finger and the doctor said to wear a glove to protect it.
Is the simplest answer.

They basically all thought I was crazy. lol.
But hey.
My finger is healing much better now.
So I'm going to keep doing it until its healed.

And I really can't wait for it to be healed, as really....since Thanksgiving this has been bugging me.
I'm ready for it all to go away.

For now though....
I just have to deal with being called "Michael" by my managers. lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

(Michael Jackson only wore one glove on his hand.)




1 comment: