Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What's in a Name?

So, on our schedules.
When we have new people come into the store to work for us.
They occasionally start out scheduled under an old coworker's name.
Because it takes them a week or so to get into the system.
So until that point, they come in under a name already in the system.
(Everything is corrected later, so the right people are paid.)

We'd just recently had a coworker of mine transfer to another store.
So I was a bit surprised to see her name pop up on our schedule this week.

But then I wondered...
Had we hired somebody while I was gone on vacation?
Or had we just put her on the schedule to make sure all our hours were covered but nobody was coming in for that shift.
Or was she actually coming in coming in?

It was hard to know.
As the manager on duty isn't in charge of scheduling, so they didn't know.

So I had to wait for the manager who would know to come in.
Which they did.

And I asked.

Turns out.
We have hired a new girl for the department.

I have no idea who she is. What she looks like. Or anything beyond that she's going ot be working in my department.

All I have is a name.
And its the craziest thing.
One I didn't believe at first.
And probably won't believe until I see her name on the schedule or her name tag.

Her names is Merralto (not actual name)

This.
This is the craziest weirdest of the weird.
Because.
My Brother's name..
is Meralto. (also not actual name.)

O.o
I had no idea that Meralto could be used as a girls name. O.o It's not a very common name at all. And the times I've seen it used, have been as last names or as names for guys.
Not girls.

But there she is.
With my brother's name.
The only difference being that she has an extra R in her name.

It's like I've stepped into a different dimension. O.o

Wonder what she's like....

-Sarnic Dirchi


7 comments:

  1. I see. Your brother's name must be a common name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, actually it's not. Hence why I did the blog post about it. It's a rare name. One you can't find on souvenirs in a gift store.

      Delete
  2. Ah. What are the chances of that? haha. That might be a sign of something.

    ReplyDelete