Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Rare Drive

I had a rare occurrence happen today.
Where I ended up taking animals to the vet.

Technically I'm not supposed to.
As I'm not a manager.
And only they are supposed to take animals to the vet.
Probably some insurance liability or something in case something happens to or from the vet.

In any case.

We'd made an appointment to take some animals to the vet this morning.
Banking on the fact that we'd have a second manager show up in the morning like they were scheduled to.
-As a manager always has to be in the store, so if there is only one manager...they can't leave the store unattended.

But our poor manager who was supposed to show up.
Has been really sick.
And so called out today. Y_Y Poor guy.

But that left us in a bind.
As we had animals that needed to go to the vet.
Which.
We could have taken them later in the day.
Yet...that would give the vet less time to look at them before they closed, or before we went down to one manager again.
So the morning it had to be.
Especially because they had an appointment for this morning.

So it fell to me.
Since I'm basically just one step below manager.
To take the animals to the vet.

:) lol the manager was like "Do you know where you're going?"

Yes.
Yes I do, because I've taken the animals to the vet before.
When another head manager said it was alright to do so.
before we found out it wasn't alright for me to do so.

It's been like two years since I've driven to the vet myself.
But considering I'm constantly telling the managers how to get there, or which vet it is.
It's hard to forget where it is. ^^

So I made it there and back no problem.

Yay!

yay for spending some of my work day just driving about lol. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment