Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Different Position

I was taking a break from the crazy.
Customers. They can be a drain on your energy reserves.
So halfway through my shift, I took my lunch.
Just to get some peace away from people.

But about halfway through lunch,
One of our Vet techs walked in.
-As we have a Vet Hospital located within our store.
They just share a space inside our building, they're not part of Starsmet.

And the Vet Tech started talking about the fact that they were looking to hire people.
More vet techs and secretaries.
He suggested that I should apply for a position there.
Because I've been at Starsmet for a while now.
And he could put in a good word for me. If I decided to apply.

Which...if I was looking to be a Vet Tech, would be an amazing opportunity. :)

....But I'm not.

I love cats and dogs.
And it would be fun to help take care of them.
Give them shots and such.
And I would be able to learn a lot.

Yet....
There isn't really a draw for me to go and do that.

I'm really happy (despite the difficulties I've had this past week at work.) where I'm at.
I get to care for all animals.
Fish. Birds. Reptiles. Hamsters. Cats. Dogs. Etc
And not just Cats and Dogs like the vet sees.

Plus.
I think I would feel cramped there.
As the vet part of the store is like...a third the size of my department.
Which is one forth of the size of the store.

So to go to such a small space.... :S Not sure I'd like that.

Still.
It's good to know,
That if I decided to branch out and do something different.
I could always apply to work at the Vet's. :)

For now though, I'm sticking with what I have now. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment