Tuesday, February 23, 2016

No More, No More

I got a call over the intercom today at work.
To go up to the register.
Which usually when my department is called up to the register,
It's to take care of an animal.
More often than not it's one that didn't make it.
(I did have a live animal return today Yay!)
And in this particular case.
That was what happened.
An aquatic frog hadn't made it.

So the customer had returned it in order to get another.
But I didn't make it over to the register to see why I'd been called up there in the first place.
Before the woman who did the returning had already approached me.
Telling me that the return was hers and she needed help.
Alright. I was happy to help.

So I asked her what she needed.
And she was like "I need a new aquatic frog to replace the dead one, and then three more besides that."
Okay.
Good to know I would need to go up to the register to grab a dead frog later.
But unfortunately for her...We didn't have any frogs.
Surprisingly we didn't get any in in our fish shipment when it came in.
It happens on occasion.
But its rare for them to not come in when we were out of frogs already.
Yet, that's what happened.
We had no frogs.
More frogs should have come in.
But they didn't.

So I told the customer. "I'm sorry, we're out."

And she used such an offended tone with me. "What do you mean you're OUT?"
"We don't have any frogs. None came in in our shipment. We don't have anymore."

It was like she couldn't comprehend such a thing.
Us? Being out of what she needed?
It was like she expected us to be able to go out into the back and grab more because she needed it now.

Well...we're not a farm. I can't just go back and grab more frogs whenever I want to. We get them shipped to us. If they don't ship, we don't get them.

"Well...How am I supposed to get my frog then?!"
"Well, you're going to need to take your receipt up to the cashier and get your money back for now. You can then come back on the day we get our fish and see if any came in then, because that would be the day they came in. We won't get anymore before that point."

So.
There was that solution.
She didn't like it.
But there was nothing more that I could do.

*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment