Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Kitty Cat Marathon

There's something about humans, where if they see one person doing something...they all end up wanting to do that same thing as well.

Which can be both nice and annoying at work.
When different customers all in a row want the same thing.
Whether its three customers in a row wanting a Pleco.
Four in a row all wanting to get a hamster.

It happens all the time at work.
I have no idea why it happens.
Its probably the same reason why you have no customers for forever, and then suddenly you're calling for multiple cashiers as everyone in the store randomly decided to come up at the same time.

Today it was cats.
A customer came and found me as I was working on stocking.
Saying that he wanted one of our cats that we had up for adoption.
So I started him up on the process of filling out paperwork and everything so he could get the cat.
And while I was working with him on that.

There were a bunch of other customers in the adoption area looking at them.
9 times out of 10, the people looking at the cats just want to hold them, not take them home.

Not so today.
As soon as I finished with the paperwork with the first customer.
I checked in on the people looking at the other cats and kittens.
And a couple wanted to look at one of the cats.
Which I then ended up adopting out to them.

Once I was done doing the paperwork with them and getting them their cat.
I saw another woman in the adoption area.
Looking at the cats.
And checked in with her.

Yep.
You guessed it.
I adopted out a cat to her.

So I did three cat adoptions, all in a row.
Took me the better part of an hour to help all three of them.

But today three cats found their forever homes. ^^
Yay! :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

1 comment:

  1. That's a little lesson on economy right there. Supply and Demand. Haha

    ReplyDelete