Saturday, February 27, 2016

Give Me A Number

I had a customer come up to me today,
A young girl, she seemed to be more early teens than anything.
And told me that she needed to buy some crickets.
Alright...
Like usual for most people. She didn't specify how many crickets she wanted. So I asked her.
and she said "Eight sixty nine's worth."
Aka.
$8.69 worth of crickets.

I blinked.
Okay....
I asked her again how many she wanted.
She was like "I only have $8.69 so whatever number that gets me, I don't have a calculator! You do the math."

>.>
Don't have a calculator huh?
And since when do our phones not come equipped with a calculator function?

Why do you assume that I would automatically know how many crickets you can get from $8.69?
It's not like I'm a human calculator myself. That I can just do numbers in my head and get the answer.

*shakes head*
Honestly, some customers thought process is weird.
It's lucky that I had a little calculator on hand.
To do the math for me.
*shakes head*
For those customers that want me to automatically know how many crickets or fish they can get for a certain amount of money.

Honestly....why they would think I would know is beyond me.
It's a retail job. It's not a math job.
It's not like we spend a week memorizing tables that tells you how many crickets you can get per dollar the customer has. lol.

Yah....those people are interesting....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment