Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Need For Food

I had a customer come into the store today,
Looking to get some crickets for her gecko.
Originally she only wanted six, because she'd been told that they only needed to eat two at a time.
O.o Who knows who told her that.
And then she wanted to know how long it takes the geckos to get full grown.
So I told her about a year if they're eating well.
Which would mean feeding more than two crickets at a time to the gecko. I usually recommend 5 crickets per leopard gecko, sometimes as many as 10 per feeding. To help them grow.

In any case, as I was adjusting the number of crickets she wanted from 6 to my recommended 24.

She happened to notice our dish full of water cubes on top of the cricket box.
-As I'd taken it out to be able to see all the little crickets in order to count the today.
And asked what it was.
So I told her "It's water for the crickets, they can't drink straight water so we give them these."

She was quiet for a moment before saying. "I didn't realize they needed to eat."

It took me aback for a second and I told her. "Well...it's a living thing, all living things need to eat."

Granted I can see how you don't think about the live food for your pet would need to eat because its food itself. But....it is a living thing. If you want them to live longer than the 'four days' you say that they can live for you....you gotta feed them too. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment