Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Back So Soon?

Sometimes I wonder at the motives of people....
Why they act in the way they do.

*shakes head*

I had customers come into the store pretty much as the doors opened.
They wandered about looking at things.
I thought they would just leave.

But the ended up deciding to get a hamster.

At first the girl wanted two hamsters.
But I gave her the spiel on why that was a bad idea.
So she decided on just one.

I grabbed the hamster for her.
Took it up to the register for her to buy.
And figured that was the last I would see of them.

But.
O.o
Strangely.
Just a little bit later.
I'm not even sure if it had been an hour yet...
hmm...no longer than like two hours at the most.

I got called up to the front.
Because a customer had just returned a hamster.

I was half expecting it to be dead.
but no.
The hamster was alive.
And I recognized the people as they walked away from the register.

They were the same people I'd helped just a little bit earlier!

They left before I could ask what was up.
And my cashier had no idea why they returned the hamster.

Yes, the hamster was still alive.
It would have been horrible if it had been killed in that short time period. :S
(it's happened before unfortunately. Not recently, but when idiot people leave pets in a hot car...it's what happens. :( )

He looked fine...
So I had no idea why he had been returned.
I can only guess it was a change of heart. *shrugs*
I'll probably never know.

In any case.
I put the hamster back in his cage.

And continued on with my tasks.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment