Thursday, February 4, 2016

Reeking

Turtles are annoying.
Because you can't always tell when they've well.....died.

I was finishing up cleaning out the turtle tank today.
pouring fresh water in.
And just wanted to check in on the turtles that were in there.
Placing them up by their food so they could eat it and such.

And I picked up one.
Our smallest one.
And I noticed that he wasn't....reacting.

I couldn't remember if I'd seen the turtle moving around earlier or not.

:S Which would be really sad if I like scalded the turtle or something as I did put in warmer water....

So I checked the turtle out.
His legs were all limp,
But his head was pulled back into his shell.
With closed eyes.

Which made it difficult to tell.
Because usually if they're dead....the head and legs are all limp.

But this turtle wasn't doing that.
Still...
Limp legs...
I was assuming it was dead.
But just to be sure, I took the turtle into the back, off the floor and out of sight of customers.
But then got called away by customers,
So I left him out on a table for like 15 minutes....
And he didn't move an inch.

Was in the same position.

Just as a final check though.

I smelt the turtle.

Oh yah.
Big mistake.

That thing reeked of death.

No wonder I thought I smelt something rotting as I was cleaning out all the reptile cages today.
Now I knew the source.
Poor thing. :(

-Sarnic Dirchi



1 comment: