Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Visited Again

It's always interesting getting a new manager into the department.
Each one has their own quirks.
Their own methods of getting things done.
Some are more easy going, others are more strict.

When I first started at Starsmet. I had a manager that was more by the book.
So I knew all the details, all the needs, all the steps that needed to be taken to have our department in 'tip top shape' when our DM comes in.

Details.
That the next manager wasn't as concerned about. They were more lax. Basically just make sure the basics are in place and you're good.

We've had different DMs during this time as well. And they've focused on different things.
But the original DM I had when my first manager was there. Has come back.
And I know their standards.
I also know that we've been doing just fine whenever they drop by to visit before now.
Just little things to fix here and there.
Nothing to worry about.

But this particular DM visit.
Is with my newest manager.
This will be their first time being manager with the DM visiting.
And they want everything to be perfect.

So today, they went into extreme detail on how everything was supposed to look for every part of the department for the visit next week.
I already knew all the details. I know how the department is supposed to look.
But I went along with it.

Honestly, I'm not concerned with the visit.
I've been through many of them.
Some are slightly better than others.

But apparently, we've been making really bad impressions the last few times the DM has visited.
And so my manager wants to ensure that we make a great impression this time around. If not for the DM for our Head Manager's sake.

*shakes head*
Honestly, I think its the rest of the store that hasn't been doing a good impression.
As its only been little things mentioned for my department if mentioned at all.
Because I know what needs to be done.
And they're easy fixes. Easy to do the day that the DM shows up.

Still.
I can feel the tension rising in the store.
To ensure that everything looks good for this visit.
*sighs*
This is going to be a 'fun' week until the DM shows up.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment