Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Changed Mind

I was working the closing shift.
Rare for me.
But it happens every now and then.

In any case.
Right before we closed the store.
Like 20 or 30 minutes before we shut the doors.

A young couple came into the store.

And they wanted a Guinea Pig.

So I had them fill out the paperwork.
Asked them if I could help them with anything else.

They said that they were just going to gather up everything they needed.
-Cage, food, bedding, etc.
And the guy was like "You can just keep him in the cage until we're done."
But I didn't want the guinea pig to accidentally get sold (as I wasn't aware how close we were to closing)
So I just told them that I'd put the guinea pig in it's traveling box and have it up at the register for them.

And I left them to do their shopping.
While I did other tasks.

Closing came.
And as I was circling the store to make sure all the customers were out.
I noticed....
The container with the guinea pig in it.....
Was still up at the register.

O.o? Huh?
So I circled the store again.
Specifically looking for the couple.
And they weren't there.

I noticed then, that there was a cart of guinea pig supplies left in one of the aisles.

>.<
Apparently.
The customers changed their minds.
Either it was costing too much, or they hadn't wanted to get it in the first place....
But in any case they had just walked out of the store.
Without saying anything.

Leaving the guinea pig, there, waiting.

Oooo
I was not happy about that.

Thankfully, I noticed, so I was able to put the guinea pig bag into it's cage.

But still. Why couldn't they have at least told someone that they had changed their mind??
It would have been so helpful.
We have customers do that on occasion so it's nothing noteworthy. They change their mind when the money starts adding up.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment