Monday, July 11, 2016

Dead?

So I noticed this customer staring at our Betta fish,
So I asked him if I could help him with everything.

Not surprisingly he said that he was looking to get a betta fish.
But then proceeded to add. "But it would be nice if you guys wouldn't leave dead bettas on the shelf."

O.o
Uh....We don't do it on purpose dude.
Seriously, if we notice the fish is dead we take it right off the shelf and take care of it.
We don't leave it there for everyone to see.

Totally got my ire up. >:(
I don't like it when people don't think I'm doing my job when I am.

So I told him. "We don't." And he pointed out some 'dead' betta fish.
To which I proceeded to wiggle the cup, and walla! The 'dead' fish MOVED.

*shakes head*
He was like O.O Oh...... I tried that and they didn't move.

Apparently I have the magic touch or something.

In any case.
The bettas have a tendency to 'look dead' because the aren't always actively moving. They just sit there, sometimes at the top of the cup.
So if customers aren't familiar with the 'dead betta' look. Then they can mistake sleeping fish for dead fish.

It's not a problem that's going to end anytime I'm sure.
But.
At least be assured that we try our best to remove any dead fish we see immediately.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment