Thursday, July 21, 2016

Waaaay Too Maaaany!

()_()
What are our breeders thinking?!

So, I was checking our shipping invoice.
To see what animals we would be getting in this week.

When I saw a number....that made me go. O.o Wha?!?

Usually, when it comes to getting in shipments of our small animals. -Hamsters, Mice, Guinea Pigs etc.
They usually come in quantities of 3.
3, 6, 9, 12.
Though recently it's been more even numbers. like 2s and 4s.

But today.
When I looked to see how many Guinea Pigs we were going to get in....
It said: 18.

EIGHTEEN.
That's a TON Of guinea pigs for us to get in. O.o

And then to make matters worse.
I saw with the Skinny Pigs (hairless guinea pigs) that we were getting in 6 of them. SIX.

So I would be getting in TWENTY-FOUR Guinea Pigs in this week!!
()_()
WHAT?!!?

I mean, we don't get more than 12!!!
And here I am having to find places for 24 guinea pigs!!

As usually before we sell the guinea pigs, we watch them for a few days before we sell them after we get them in.
Which meant....I would need to find room for 24 guinea pigs in the back. :S

Comfortably our largest containers can only hold 6 guinea pigs. Which is crowded, but not overcrowded.

Problem was....I only had two of them.
Which meant only room for 12 guinea pigs.

I needed room for 12 more....

Which meant, I had to go into the back, and break out our freestanding cages.
The ones that we have on hand for situations like this.
I had to bring out two of those from their dust covered slumber (as honestly I don't think I've used them in like a year...)
And find spots for them in our back area.

So, thankfully. I did find spots for those 24 guinea pigs. :)
Hopefully....
We sell through them quickly enough that I can bring them out onto the floor quickly. (as we can only have a certain amount on the floor at a time.)

This is going to be interesting....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment