Wednesday, July 6, 2016

OverStressed

Some people....some people just don't know how to listen.
So I got a call this morning.
From a customer.

The customer from yesterday. The one who'd returned a hamster, bought the hamster, and returned that hamster to rebuy the first hamster she'd returned.

Yah.
She called this morning.

Concerned.
Because when I sell hamsters to customers.
Particularly the Syrian Hamsters.
I do tell them to look out for certain illnesses.
For the Syrians it's Wet-Tail. A bad form of Diarrhea that can be fatal to them if not caught early enough. So I told them of certain symptoms and such to look out for.
So if the hamster does get sick, they can bring it back as soon as they notice within the guaranteed time frame and we can treat it and get it better.

So the woman called.
Saying that she was concerned her Long-Haired Syrian Hamster -The one who had been fine when I returned him, and fine when I sold him.- had this 'Wet Tail' I'd told her about.

Why?
Because when they placed the hamster in the ball last night.
And It had Diarrheaed all over the ball, making a mess.

.....ugh.
Wet-Tail doesn't show up like that.
It starts with the hamster not drinking water. Getting lethargic. It's ears laying back against it's head. Hunched over walking. And wet stool.
It's not runny like water. '

From what she said it sounded like the hamster had just peed.
As that could look like Diarrhea. It's creamy-yellow and slightly thicker than what you expect pee to look like.

So I told her.
To put it in the cage and leave it alone for a couple of days and see if it got worse.
As the hamster looked fine when I sold him.

*sighs*
Honestly, it won't surprise me if that hamster does end up dying.
>.<
Because apparently they can't follow the simple directions.
I told them, no less than three times.
To put the hamster in the cage for a couple of days and leave it alone.
As the stress of travel could get them sick.

Yet what did they do? They put it in a ball! Which means handling it. Which means Not. In. The. Cage!

Ugh. Just listen people. Just listen for once.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment