Monday, July 4, 2016

Empty Soles

I may have been slightly sleep deprived when I came into work.
(which isn't uncommon when I go to bed late...)

But when I walked into the back room behind the fish tanks this morning.
I was confronted with this empty pair of shoes.
They weren't tennis shoes like you'd expect to see at work,
but a pair of flats.

Which....I don't see at work.
And I couldn't figure out why they'd be in back where no customers would go.
As my first thought was a customer left them.
Or maybe a coworker had switched shoes and forgotten the other pair? But why not just put them in their locker instead of in the back?

Or. Maybe there had been a person standing there, but they got zapped and only left their shoes behind.
See. Mind was tired.

It bugged me throughout the day.
Wondering why they were there.

But finally, when my manager came in to work just before I was off, I asked her about it.

And she said that they were one of my coworker's.
As apparently said coworker had accidentally flooded the back room. (it happens at least once a month to one of us.)
And in the process of mopping up, had soaked those shoes in bleach and water.
So she basically left them there, and went out and bought a new set of shoes, so she wouldn't have to work in wet, bleach covered footgear the rest of her shift.

O.o But why wear those shoes to work? *shakes head* Honestly. They're totally the wrong sort of shoes to be wearing in a Pet Store.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment