Thursday, September 29, 2016

Directions

Every now and then, since my store is near a highway exit.
We get in people who aren't familiar with the area.
And so decide to stop into a PetStore of all places and ask for directions.
I've always wondered why the decide to stop here....

In any case.
This morning while I was working on cleaning the reptile cages at the front of the store.
A woman came in, looking for the nearby train station.
Which...I was like. O.o Train station?
Vaguely I knew there was one in the area where people use it to commute because I have a friend who's traveling from HomeTown to CollegeTown to go to school here.

-And after this conversation I remembered that I'd actually been to the train station the woman was looking for before. But it was like....six years ago....forever really.

In any case.
She was trying to find the train station, but the directions she'd printed off had led her into the wrong area. As she ended up in an Apt complex...and then at my store.
And she didn't have a smart phone, so she couldn't google directions again or use a gps....

But at that point, I actually had my phone on me.
Which is a smart phone that has internet/gps access.
So I looked up the address.
And discovered that she was on the wrong side of the highway.

She'd turned left when she should have turned right when getting off.

The woman had me write down the directions on her paper.
Which basically resulted in. "Go back past the freeway, turn right, and in two streets turn right again and you'll be there." -Of course I wrote down the street names/numbers ;)

In any case.
She left the store to go find the train station.
and I didn't expect to see her again.

But surprise.
A couple of hours later, while I was on break.
The woman came back.

Why?
She wanted to Thank Me.
And tell me that my directions had worked perfectly and that she'd been able to pick up her friend -who was out waiting in the car- and that she just wanted to come back and again thank me for being so helpful.

-As when she first came in I was like. O.o "I don't know where the train station is....we have a train station?"
But I don't like not helping people so I was like "Well let me try and look it up on my phone."

So she was just happy and grateful that I'd gone the 'extra mile' to help her out so she could meet with her friend on time. :)

Definitely was a good moment for me. ^^

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment