Tuesday, September 20, 2016

On the DustPan

It's not uncommon to have fish at work jump out of the tanks.
If something startles them, they can try and flee, and sometimes fleeing means going up and out.

Even though it does happen on occasion, it's not common for them to do so.
Most of the time it's the Koi that jump out of the tanks,
Though occasionally other fish have been found out on the floor.

:( Most of the time, we find them too late to save them. :(

But today, as I was doing dishes in the back, my coworker came up to me, with a mini dustpan. Stating "I found this guy and I thought he was dead, but he's still alive! But I don't know what tank he goes in!"

On the dustpan was one of our Plecos.
()_()

lol, if it had been me....I would have either, grabbed a container of water from the tanks and dumped him in there and then went to find someone, or else just stick the fish in a tank and then go let someone know what I'd done.

In any case.
I grabbed the mini dust pan and dashed to the correct tank,
hoping that it wasn't too late to save the fish.

Thankfully, we were in time.
The fish didn't move for a couple minutes, but eventually the pleco started swimming around the tank again. ^^
Yay!!
Fish life saved! :)

Though it's totally weird for it to be a Pleco to jump out. O.o
They usually hang out on the bottom of the tanks....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment