Thursday, September 8, 2016

Taking out the Trash

I actually do believe it's the stocker's job.
Once they're done restocking the shelves with product.
It's their job to take out the trash that has accumulated in the store.
As most of the time it is their stocking boxes that take up most of the trash.

Of course, there are bags of trash from the groomers and my dept and the vet, from customers throughout the day....

So, in a way.
It does make a bit of sense that everyone in the store should take turns taking out the trash to the dumpsters out back once you think about it.

If only that were the case.

Today, Roti, the new manager, asked me and my coworker to be the ones to take out the trash.
As he wants to 'spread the work around.'
So he's planning to apparently make it so not the just the stockers are taking out the trash.

Though I have to wonder if he's truly going to spread the work around.
Will he make the groomers take out the trash one day? The vet people? The cashiers?
Or is 'spreading the work' just giving me and my dept more to do?

Who knows.
I'm guessing it's going to be the latter rather than the former.

In any case.
While I didn't mind helping out and taking out the trash.
-As I do see the logic in having everyone take their turn.
What I didn't comprehend was the fact that Roti chose the only two girls in the store. (who weren't groomers) to do the task of taking out the trash.
There were plenty of guys around (stockers) to lift the heavy bags and break down boxes and such.
Yet the two girls had to do the heavy task.
*shakes head*

I don't understand guys logic sometimes.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment