Saturday, September 17, 2016

GloLights

A couple of weeks ago, we got in a new set of lights for our glofish tanks.
I only knew of this because the manager showed me the box of them.

It was one of those conversations of "Look what we got!"
"Cool!"
"Yah, we need to put them up sometime soon."
"Alright."

And then we promptly forgot about it.
Not literally.
Like I knew in the back of my mind that we (as in I) needed to get it done.
Just hadn't found the time for it.

But then, I got a phone call today.
From the company who had sent us the glolights.

The lady on the phone, asking if we had installed the lights and if they were working correctly.

I told her that we'd received the lights, but hadn't been able to put them up yet.

She seemed rather offended about that. "You should have put them up as soon as they came in."
Uhmmm sorry. Got busy.

"Would it be possible to get them put up today? If I call you back?"

At that moment in time. We weren't that busy. So I said. "I should be able to in about 10 minutes, but give me half an hour in case we get busy."

Because that's usually what happens when I'm trying to get stuff done at work.
I think "Oh only three more tanks, I'll be done soon."
And that's when the customer rush shows up.

So I gave myself a bit of a window to get those three new lights up for our glofish. As the company had designed/created/manufactured a new type of bulb that would be more blue to show off the glofish better.

Guess what happened?
Yah.
I got busy with customers. As they decided to show up then.

But yay for me. I got the new lights installed within my estimated half hour. Ha!!
So I was able to say "Yes, they're installed and working just fine" when the lady called back.
She was happy to hear that. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment