Monday, September 12, 2016

Where's the Fish?

This morning, a couple of customers -two guys- came into the store.
I saw them while I was finishing up resetting up the toys and branches in the bird cages after cleaning them,
As they came in with what looked like a bag of water.
It was a big bag of water.
Which either meant that they were returning a fish, or having water tested.
It didn't seem like it would be a dead fish.
Because the bag was waaaaay too full of water.
So it was either a large sample of water for our water testing.
Or it was a fish return.

Turns out....it was a halfway fish return.
As the guys were bringing us a fish.
But they'd bought the fish from our competitor.
And as a policy....we don't accept fish unless they were bought from us within a certain time frame.

It was my manager who'd talked to them over the phone, and heard that they were just going to flush the fish if we couldn't take them. -as the competitor didn't let them take it back.

So he said that they could bring it in, and we'd just stick it in our display tank of fish.

Which is what we ended up doing.

And after a little while I let the fish out in the tank and ensured that he would be fine. Which he was.

A few hours passed.
Me and my manager got busy with other tasks.

He was in the middle of doing the weekly fish count.
-Where we check what our inventory says with what how many fish are actually in the tank and correct it.
I was nearby when he turned to me and started to ask:
"Hey did you put...." He trailed off like he'd forgotten what he was asking.

He could have been asking anything, really. In relation to a customer, to a coworker, to a product, to an animal.

But with him staring at the fish, counting them. And asking me.
That only had to mean that he was thinking about a fish.

And put....put a fish where?
Put a fish away?
What fish needed to be put away?

It was the fish that the people had brought in earlier this morning.

So in like the split second he trailed off, I jumped in. "Put away the shark? Yes, I did."

lol and that was exactly what he'd been trying to ask me. :)

And I was like "Are you surprised I knew what you are asking?"

And he was like: "It's scary sometimes how you're already in my head."

As in I can read his mind. lol.

;) Perhaps I can.
Or else I'm just good at taking pieces of information and creating a picture from them. lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi



No comments:

Post a Comment