Monday, September 26, 2016

Reprint The Coupon

I got stuck on the register today.
Right when I was trying to take my last break before I got off of work.

But the manager covering the register got called to the back to meet with the other managers and I happened to be standing there. So he had me cover the register for a bit.
And I ended up getting a customer with a bag of dog food.

It was an older gentleman, with a longer beard.

And he was like "So, I bought some food a bit ago, and that receipt came with a coupon...but I can't find it. Could you reprint it out for me?"

Which....is a nice thought.
But I'm pretty positive that reprinting receipts doesn't reprint the coupon that goes with it.

-If this turns out to be a thing, then I'm going to feel really bad about it. But I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened with receipts that we've reprinted out for customers before.

As we do now have the ability to look up receipts there at the register if the customer has the right information for us to look it up.
And we can even reprint that receipt for them.

But I don't think the coupon that went with the receipt can be reprinted. As it would make sense that if the particular coupon date had passed, that it wouldn't be reprinted when it can no longer be used.

However the gentleman didn't seem to believe that it wasn't possible.
He asked me at least three times if I could just reprint the coupon so he could save some money on his dog food.
To which I had to explain to him three times that I could reprint his receipt but reprinting the receipt he'd had last time would not reprint the coupon as well.

I still don't think he believed me.
And maybe if I hadn't had a headache and been trying to get off the register so I could go give my coworker a break (as my time slot for a break had passed by then, as it was now too close to me getting off work to take a break) then I would have been willing to try it.....

In any case.
It seemed to be the theme of today where I'd have to repeat myself to the customers multiple times to get the concept across that I was trying to explain them. As they apparently didn't want to hear a contrary thing to what they wanted....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment