Monday, October 10, 2016

A 'New' Find

So, in the back area behind the wall of fish.
We have this drain in the floor.

Not the typical flat circular drain that you can walk over without thinking about it.
But instead it's a square hole in the floor with a grate at the bottom sort of drain.

-Don't worry, this hole is located out of walking space. So there's no fear of falling into it and twisting your foot.

It's main function is to drain the extra water from the fish tanks away when the sumps in the back get too full.

But we also use that area to dump any buckets of water that we may have to empty.
-Like from changing out the turtle water, etc.
Which is a lot easier to dump something out that's on the floor, than to lift up the bucket into the sink and dump it there.

In any case.
My manager was in the back today cleaning the place for the DM visit tomorrow.
And when I came back there,
I saw an addition to this drain.

It now had a grate partially covering it. (as there still needed to be room for the tubes that release extra water to go into.

It was the weirdest thing to see.
I was like "Well that's new!"

And my manager was like. O.o "Uh...no it's not. It's been sitting right next to the hole the entire time."

Which I suppose tells you that I'm not observant all the time. lol.
Or how often we felt the need to use the grate.

As I had no idea that it existed.
Nor if I saw it had I connected that the grate was supposed to cover the hole.

The things you discover.....

-Sarnic Dirci

No comments:

Post a Comment